If you're interested in finding out more about working for the Co-op, specifically working as a warehouse colleague or even understand shift availability, please email email@example.com or contact the depot team on 07800 918795 to arrange a suitable time to have a depot tour.
Logistics at Co-op is all about getting our products to our stores, members and customers. You’ve probably noticed our vehicles out on the road, but making sure communities have the products they love at the right time starts in our warehouse.
Working as a Co-op warehouse colleague
Working in ambient, chilled or frozen areas of the warehouse, you’ll pick stock safely and securely for individual stores, load and unload delivery vehicles and distribute produce to the right place in the warehouse. Health and safety is really important at Co-op too, so you’ll be expected to follow procedures, keeping everything clean and tidy.
If you'd like to find out more about working as a Co-op warehouse colleague, watch the video below.
Our depot at Avonmouth
Our Avonmouth depot is responsible for delivering 1.2 million cases of produce a week to 490 Co-op stores across south-west England and Wales.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we're offering a variety of full and part time opportunities, with flexible shift patterns to suit your individual needs. And if you’re keen to build a career, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skills and progress in a number of different directions.
We offer competitive rates of pay - £11.82 base hourly rate plus £1.78/hr weekend shift allowance, £1.78/hr back shift allowance (between 2-10pm) and £2.96/hr night shift allowance, and you'll also have access to some great benefits including;
- 31 days annual holiday including bank holidays (rising in line with service)
- 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores (increased to 20% until April 2023 during the cost-of-living crisis
- 10% off all other brands in our food stores
- a fantastic company pension scheme with up to 10% employer contributions
- extensive wellbeing and support benefits
- cycle to work scheme
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- full training and great career development opportunities
- Zeelo – A bus service providing transportation to and from our depot at a cost of £2 per trip, saving you money on your commute.
- YuLife – an app that rewards you for exercising with discounts and vouchers for many of the UK’s biggest brands
- free employee assistance programme with extensive health, financial and wellbeing support
- access to credit unions for loans and savings, plus rental deposit loans and season ticket loans
- free eye tests every 2 years
- on-site facilities including a subsidised canteen
- free on-site parking
You can apply online by clicking the links at the bottom of the page or sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know when new roles are advertised.