What We Offer
As a Co-op colleague, you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £21,255
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 30% off Co-op branded products, and 10% off other brands in our food stores
- Networking opportunities with key partners and industry leaders
- Coaching, training, and support to help you develop your skills
- Undergraduate Food Technologist - Manage the supply chain from supplier to store while measuring product compliance in terms of quality, safety, legal and ethical targets
- Undergraduate Product Developer - Develop and launch new and exciting own-brand products that are market-leading in terms of quality, value for money, and innovation
- Undergraduate Ethics, Sustainability, and Food Policy Coordinator - Work with a wide range of colleagues across the business on projects that support our Future of Food commitments. This will include supporting activities across our Fairtrade, Sustainable Sourcing, Environmental & Climate, International Development and Human Rights strategies
- Undergraduate Junior Buyer - Help develop category strategies using customer and market insight, supporting commercial negotiations and bringing our ranges to life in stores
- Undergraduate Food Quality Assistant - Organise and conduct sensory tasting panels, working with colleagues to benchmark and improve products and make sure they meet required specifications and standards
As the UK’s largest convenience retailer, we’re known for our fantastic food, our support of British Farmers and local food producers and our commitment to Fairtrade and ethical trading.
The Food Commerical team sits at the heart of our business, making sure that our colleagues in-store can offer high quality, ethical products at great prices to our millions of customers every single day.
We’re constantly innovating to make sure our product ranges delight and excite our customers and keep up with market trends and changing customer needs. We’re also focused on driving commercial performance – making sure Co-op is profitable so we can give value back to customers and communities.