£32,000-£60,000 dependant on experience (Work level 6A and Work level 5)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, or Stratford upon Avon.
We’re looking for solicitors/fee earners to join our technical probate team within Co-op Legal Services at a variety of levels.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things differently, whether that’s continuously innovating our technology to support your delivery or our tailored internal progression framework to support your development. We’re committed to providing an exceptional client experience and the opportunity to build a rewarding career with us. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of probate cases from start to finish, with a client-focussed approach to targets. You won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we will source new work for you. We’ve doubled our probate team within the past year, and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of opportunity for progression.
What you’ll do
• own caseload of probate cases varying in complexity end to end, using a case management system
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
• work collaboratively with expert support from the team to continually develop your legal skills, administrative support will also be provided
• use your legal knowledge to mentor more junior members of the team
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor or legal executive in private practice (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have the equivalent experience in probate law
• the ability to use your initiative and effectively prioritise and organise your work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
• a client-focused approach with the ability to build positive relationships in a remote setting
Our legal team is the number one market leader in probate. Here you’ll do work that matters. Co-op is an organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and by contributing to our success you’ll help us to realise our vision of co-operating for a fairer world. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• an annual bonus scheme (dependent on personal and business performance)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 32 in line with service)
• private healthcare (WL5 only)
• wellbeing benefits to support your physical financial and mental health
• coaching, training, and support such as study leave, to help you develop your skills and progress your career
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include an SRA check, credit checks, and a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check. Please note Co-op does not offer visa sponsorship for this role.