To us, community is everything. And with 2,600 food stores across the UK, we’re on a mission to make sure every community is served well. That starts with having understanding and community-focused colleagues at the heart of our stores.
Our Customer Team Members and Customer Team Leaders are the faces of Co-op. They share our values and do more for those around them. They’re from all walks of life, reflecting the communities they serve. And it’s their job to get to know our customers, building a relationship with them and showing that they’re more than just colleagues. If that sounds like you, there could be a place for you in our team.
Customer Team Member
Our Customer Team Members go out of their way to help our customers. It’s more than just showing someone where the bread is. It’s about getting to know your customers, members and communities inside out. To do that, you need to be passionate about delivering service that goes beyond a simple hello. It doesn’t matter who comes through our door, if it’s a colleague or a customer, everyone matters. Our work matters, which means your work matters. From bakery to checkout, you’re the face of Co-op and we’ll support you as you help in our success.
What you’ll do:
- make sure our members and customers receive a friendly and helpful service every time they come into store
- actively promote Co-op membership and make a difference in the local community
- work on all areas of the shop, from checkouts and deliveries to replenishment and the bakery
- proudly prepare, handle and present our food with care
- ensure the store always looks the best it can be
- embrace change and new ways of working
- work shifts at varying times of the day
Customer Team Leader
As a Customer Team Leader here, you’ll more than deliver great service. You’ll inspire a team of people, leading them by example. You’ll build relationships with customers, striving to understand their situation and going out of your way to help. Not only will you be making sure the store reaches continuous high standards, but you’ll be working as a team to influence our success as a business. It’s more than just a day job and you’ll thrive here.
What you’ll do:
- help train your colleagues to deliver exceptional customer service and store standards
- support your colleagues in actively promoting membership
- build and maintain a store environment that is safe and secure
- work in all areas of the shop, from deliveries and checkouts to replenishment and the bakery
- be part of the store management team
- take on key holder responsibility – opening and closing the store
- encourage your team to come up with new ideas to increase sales
- organise your colleagues’ activities during the shift
- embrace change and help colleagues with new ways of working
- work varied shifts through the week at different times of the day, including weekends
- work with large amounts of cash, including opening and cashing up the tills
As an authentic, engaging and uncompromising leader, you’ll inspire and develop your team and make sure that each and every customer feels welcomed and valued as soon as they walk through the door. As a community pioneer, you’ll also encourage key relationships throughout the local area and support local business. Focused on continuously improving individual, team and business performance, you’ll be commercially aware and keen to make sure that in an ever changing and increasingly competitive market, you find ways to stay ahead of the competition.
Supporting the store manager to lead, inspire and develop the store team, you’ll spend most of your day on the shop floor, identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience, sales and store performance. Caring passionately about local community, you’ll also help to build key relationships throughout the area and support local businesses. Able to run all aspects of the store operation in the absence of the store manager, you’ll make sure the customer is always at the heart of every decision made.