£9.44 - £10.50 plus benefits
20 hours per week
We’re looking for a funeral arranger to join our Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team on a part time basis. We don’t expect you to have any particular experience, just great customer service and people skills and the right passion to join a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As market leaders, we have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate customer service when families need it most. And in this role, you’ll be right at the heart of it. We’ll look to you to build relationships with colleagues, clients and the local community. You’ll support the funeral director as and when you can, but your main focus will be making sure we’re there for our customers and clients when they need any help, support or advice.
What you’ll do:
• welcome and understand client needs; providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
• support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
• build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This role would suit people who have:
• a passion for delivering an amazing customer service
• a natural ability to really understand and deliver against clients’ needs
• the commitment to work as a team and support colleagues in a fast-moving and rapidly changing environment
• the ability to build strong relationships and a network in the local community
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• attention to detail and the ability to act promptly in a measured and considered way
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.