£9.50 per hour plus benefits
10 HOURS per week
We’re looking for drivers to join our Co-op Funeralcare team. We don’t expect you to have any particular experience, just a full UK driver’s licence and the right passion to join a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What Co-op can offer you:
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
What you’ll do:
• drive a limo or hearse on the day of the funeral
• make sure you follow planned routes and timescales
• provide a professional and empathetic chauffer service
• maintain vehicles; washing before and after each funeral so they’re kept to the highest standards
• carry the coffin on funeral ceremonies and respectfully deal with floral and other tributes
This role would suit people who have:
• a UK manual driving licence
• a professional and caring approach
• the ability to take and follow instructions to the letter
• a calm approach in changing situations
• pride in their appearance
• the ability to lift and no health reasons stopping you doing so
• an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Please note that we reserve the right to close advertising early in cases where we receive high volumes of applications. If you would like to apply for this role, please make sure you apply at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include checks of your social media accounts and activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.