£22,368 annual salary plus great benefits (day shift salary*)
Day shift 6am – 2pm, 5 over 7 days
We’re looking for warehouse colleagues to join the team in our Thurrock depot. In this role you’ll make sure the right products get picked at the right time to be delivered to our stores nationwide.
What you’ll do
• pick stock for store orders across the warehouse (in ambient, chilled or frozen)
• load and unload delivery vehicles with cages and pallets
• distribute products to the correct location in the warehouse
• work in a team to achieve key targets
• follow all the depot health and safety procedures
This role would suit people who have
• the ability to comfortably perform manual tasks
• good communication skills
• some experience of working towards targets
• 31 days holiday (rising in line with service) including bank holidays
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Working in Logistics at Co-op
• Career progression – there’s lots of different opportunities in depot to build a career
• Flexibility – we’ll do everything we can to find a working pattern that suits you
• Co-op culture – colleague well-being is one of our highest priorities and we’re committed to keeping our colleagues safe
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
*Salary calulation is based on a 37.5 hour week, working 3 in 4 weekends. Therefore earnings could change depending on what shift pattern we agree with you.
Expand for full job description
From flexibility and a decent pay to a wide range of benefits and financial discounts, working at Co-op isn’t your standard warehouse job.
At Co-op, we’re passionate about doing great work for the communities we trade in. That means having the right people, from all walks of life and backgrounds, in our team to serve them. Take a look below how to become one of us.
Online assessment As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment which will measure how well your behaviours, values and motivations match up to this role and our overall Co-op culture. It will take around 20 minutes to complete this assessment.
Phone call Once you’ve completed the assessment, if you’re successful and shortlisted for the next stage, you’ll get a phone call from one of our colleagues. We know how important it is for candidates to speak to a real person – to ask questions and be reassured of their application.
If you pass your online assessment and short phone call, you’ll be asked to come to one of our stores for an interview.
We’ll send you an email for you to choose a date and time for your interview online – but if you can’t make it, don’t worry, you can provide the Hiring Manager times of when’s best for you. Before your interview, we’ll send you a really helpful guide on how best to prepare, so nothing on the day should surprise you, and most importantly what proof you need to bring to prove your right to work in the UK.
Your decision If you’re successful at your interview, you’ll receive a phone call from the hiring manager you met to talk about your job offer. If you accept, we’ll then send your offer online via an email. Before anything can be processed, we'll need you to accept this offer online. This will start your journey into our Co-op.
Sign up for job alerts
Register to be notified as soon as new jobs become available.