Logistics Finance Business Partner - South & Transport
Up to £80,000 plus excellent benefits, including company car (Grade D19)
Flexible/remote working, with regular UK travel mainly across the South region
We’re looking for an experienced finance business partner to join our finance team and lead the commercial business partnering activity for our Logistics function. If you have what it takes to inspire us to find creative solutions that increase profitability and optimise performance, we can offer you the chance to progress your career and make a big impact with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a Logistics Finance Business Partner, you’ll take the lead on finance business support for Logistics across the South region and for the national transport team, partnering the heads of both departments and their leadership team to provide rich insight and develop creative solutions to optimise performance. We’ll look to you to help drive a high-performance culture and develop short to long-term planning across multiple sites. We have exciting plans for our logistics operations, and this role will be central to driving great value from this transformation and continuing the development of the finance team as trusted partners to our logistics leaders.
What you’ll do
• partner with both the divisional head of logistics and the head of national transport to set the finance strategy for their areas and identify the key business drivers to improve performance
• develop financial plans, ensuring robust financial control
• provide ad hoc financial analysis support for business initiatives
• provide insights and understanding of performance drivers
• drive a high-performance management culture across the regional division to optimise business profitability
• translate complex data and problem statements into meaningful insights to help inform decision making and future actions
• develop high-quality insights to advise leaders; tell a story with data and insight to shape business decisions
• work on cross-finance projects to deliver improvements to control, reporting and insights
• simplify business reporting and planning so finance processes are lean and effective
• lead and coach a team of site-level finance managers and analysts across multiple sites
This role would suit people who have
• significant experience as a finance business partner within a FMCG/grocery, logistics operations or similar background
• a recognised finance qualification
• proven experience of supporting business transformations in a complex environment
• a talent for building positive relationships with senior partners
• experience of developing business cases and project evaluation
• excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex insight to non-expert audiences
• a strong analytical approach
• the ability to drive a step-change in forecasting, budgeting and planning methodologies
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.