£32,292 - £33,813 plus benefits
Welwyn Garden City & Luton
37.5 Hours Per Week
We’re looking for a passionate and caring embalmer to join our Co-op Funeralcare team. If you can bring the technical experience and customer focus we need, we can offer you a fantastic experience to develop your career with a business that puts people, care, and wellbeing at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll be part of one big team, committed to delivering outstanding service to our clients every time. In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op and other retailer’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
• provide an empathic and personal service to clients from all backgrounds and religions
• prepare the deceased and carry out practical physical assessments on a daily basis
• support colleagues to understand the benefits of embalming
• maintain high standards, detail and accuracy in everything you do
• play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Co-op
This role would suit someone who has:
• a proven BIE qualification (or equivalent)
• a practical can-do attitude and flexible approach
• a caring nature and emotional maturity
• the ability to think on your feet and expertly prioritise your work
• an appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.