£35,275 per annum (£18.09 per hour) plus benefits
37.5 hours per week, Full Time, Monday to Friday
Welwyn Garden City & Luton
Applicants must be an existing qualified Embalmer with BIE Membership
We’re looking for a passionate and caring embalmer to join our Co-op Funeralcare team. If you can bring the technical experience and customer focus we need, we can offer you a fantastic experience to develop your career with a business that puts people, care, and wellbeing at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll be part of one big team, committed to delivering outstanding service to our clients every time. In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op and other retailer’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
• provide an empathic and personal service to clients from all backgrounds and religions
• prepare the deceased and carry out practical physical assessments on a daily basis
• support colleagues to understand the benefits of embalming
• maintain high standards, detail and accuracy in everything you do
• play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Co-op
This role would suit someone who has:
• a proven BIE qualification (or equivalent)
• a practical can-do attitude and flexible approach
• a caring nature and emotional maturity
• the ability to think on your feet and expertly prioritise your work
• an appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include a DBS (disclosure and barring service) and adverse media checks, and an occupational health questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role). We’ll also check your social media activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening checks.