Driver - Part time
£10.42 per hour including London Weighting
18.75 hours per week, flexibility required
We’re looking for part time drivers to join the team at Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning. You’ll have an important role to play in delivering the very best service for our clients, supporting people in your community when they need it the most. We don’t expect you to have any particular experience, just the right passion to join a business which puts people right at the heart of its strategy. And of course we’ll need you to have a full UK manual driving license.And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As a part time ceremonial driver with us you’ll drive a limo or hearse on the day of the funeral, and possibly help to bear the coffin of a client’s loved one. But this job’s about more than just driving. You’ll have to think and plan ahead, read situations and respond appropriately- using all your skills to make the day as easy as possible for our clients.
What you’ll do:
• drive our ceremonial vehicles at the time of the funeral following planned routes and time scales
• provide a professional and empathetic chauffer service to those travelling in your vehicle, taking into consideration their requirements throughout the journey
• maintain the vehicles- washing them before and after each funeral so they’re kept to the highest standards
• act as a coffin bearer on funeral ceremonies and respectfully deal with floral and other tributes
• check everything is as perfect as it can be before each ceremony for the deceased and their families
This role would suit people who have:
• a UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
• a professional and caring approach
• the ability to take instructions and follow them to the letter
• a calm approach in changing situations
• pride in their appearance
• the ability to lift and no health reasons stopping you doing so
• an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
• the desire for a job working on a part time basis
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.