Wills Case Supervision Lawyer
Starting from £32,000 plus excellent benefits and no billable targets (Work Level 6A).
Flexible hours, part time minimum 22.5 hours or full time 37.5 hours available
Remote, or on site at our offices if preferred
We’re looking for a private client supervision manager to join our estate planning team at Co-op Legal Services. In this role you’ll help us to continually develop our services and promote excellence across the team by making sure that Wills, Trusts and Lasting Power of Attorney documentation is accurate both legally and technically.
You’ll build relationships with the wider team, answering queries and supporting with ad-hoc requests.
There’s no billable targets or chargeable hours within this role, so if you have the technical estate planning and will writing skills we’re looking for, we can offer you the opportunity to improve your work-life balance in an innovative and ethical legal business.
What you’ll do
• work alongside an established team of experienced solicitors and technical professionals, supporting the quality and active progression of files
• no fee earning or chargeable hour targets are applicable for this role ensuring a focus on quality assurance
• review the preparation of wills, trusts, and Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA); making sure all documentation is legally and technically accurate and in keeping with client’s instructions
• feed-back on those necessary changes that may be required to meet that client’s estate planning objectives
• liaise closely with colleagues in the estate planning team throughout cases, providing feedback and technical support where required
• provide quality assurance to make sure all compliance and regulatory standards and processes are consistently met
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor / CILEX / STEP or with equivalent experience
• strong technical knowledge in estate planning with solid legal and wills writing experience
• experience with tax planning in the context of and incidental to a person’s lifetime planning
• a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• great team-working skills with the ability to build positive relationships with a range of colleagues
• strong written and verbal communications skills
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include an SRA check, credit checks, and a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check. Please note Co-op does not offer visa sponsorship for this role.