Wills Case Supervision Manager
£29,000 - £30,000 plus benefits including flexible working (Work Level 6 A)
We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with a mixture of home and office working in one our office locations which include (Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield, or Stratford-upon-Avon) particularly in the initial period
We’re looking for a wills case supervision manager to join us and help us to continually develop our services and promote excellence across the team. In this role, we’ll look to you to make sure that wills and Lasting Power of Attorney documentation is accurate both legally and technically. You’ll build relationships with the wider team, answering queries and supporting with ad-hoc requests. If you can bring the level of enthusiasm and private client experience we need together with a keen attention to detail, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a fast-growing area of our business.
What you’ll do
• be a key member of the Estate Planning team working alongside experienced solicitors and colleagues supporting the quality and active progression of files
• no fee earning or chargeable hour targets are applicable for this role ensuring a focus on quality assurance.
• review the preparation of wills, trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA); making sure all documentation is legally and technically accurate and in keeping with clients instructions, feeding back on those necessary changes that may be required to meet that client’s estate planning objectives
• liaise closely with will writers throughout cases, providing feedback and technical support where required
• support the wider team with ad-hoc tasks when required
• provide quality assurance to make sure all compliance and regulatory standards and processes are consistently met
This role would suit people who have
• qualified solicitor / CILEX / STEP qualified
• a strong background in a private client environment
• solid legal and wills writing experience
• experience with tax planning in the context of and incidental to a person’s lifetime planning
• a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• great team-working skills with the ability to build positive relationships with a range of colleagues
• strong written and verbal communications skills
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• free access to gym and spa facilities
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.