Lead Probate Solicitor / Case Manager
£41,440 to £63,600 plus benefits (Grade D17)
Remote with some travel to one of our regional offices (Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield, or Stratford-upon-Avon) particularly in the training period
We’re looking for an experienced lead probate solicitor / case manager to join our team. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of high net worth and complex cases from start to finish, focusing on the needs of your clients, and providing legal technical know-how to other members of the team. If you can bring the legal expertise and passion for customer service that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career with a business that puts people first.
What you’ll do:
• manage a varied caseload of complex and/or high net worth probate cases from start to finish, using a case management system
• update cases and make sure information is always recorded accurately
• engage with clients by telephone and email primarily
• make sure that SRA and other relevant regulations are adhered to at all times, as well as ensuring compliance with departmental, business, and wider Co-op policies
• deliver on stretching case progression and related targets
• support in the delivery of legal training within the department, mentoring and supporting other case managers, assisting them with complex elements of their work
• provide technical guidance to support policy, process and commercial projects and initiatives
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as a solicitor (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have equivalent legal experience
• extensive probate experience
• resilience, flexibility and positivity, with the ability to handle a wide variety of complex cases
• considerable experience of dealing with taxable estates to include GROBs, POAT, business, agricultural and cross border interests
• a client-focussed approach, with the ability to put the client’s interests at the heart of what you do
• great communication skills and the ability to engage confidently with colleagues and clients
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.