Lead Private Client Solicitor / Case Manager
£41,440 to £63,600 plus benefits and 10% bonus opportunity (Work Level 5)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between working from home and from any of our offices (Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon). You can visit our Hybrid Working Policy for more information (https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy)
We’re looking for an experienced lead private client solicitor / case manager to join our specialist high net worth team. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of complex probate and estate planning cases from start to finish, focusing on the needs of your clients, and providing legal know-how to other members of the team. The main focus of the role is providing first rate legal and tax advice to clients. You won’t need to source your own work, or bring a following of clients with you, but you will need to use your technical skills and expertise to support our business partnerships as well as your clients. If you can bring the legal expertise and passion for client service that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career with a business that puts people first.
What you’ll do
• manage a varied caseload of complex and/or high net worth probate and estate planning cases from start to finish, using a case management system
• update cases and make sure information is always recorded accurately
• engage with clients by telephone and email primarily
• make sure that SRA and other relevant regulations are adhered to at all times, as well as ensuring compliance with departmental, business, and wider Co-op policies
• work on a combination of fixed fee and hourly rate matters and deliver on stretching financial, case progression and related targets
• support in the delivery of legal training within the department, mentoring and supporting other case managers, assisting them with complex elements of their work
• work closely with our business partners to maintain strong relationships and provide them with legal updates via webinar and other platforms
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive, TEP and/or CTA, or have equivalent experience
• significant experience of working within a large, recognised firm, and of dealing with a high net worth client base
• extensive experience in the full spectrum of private client services, including wills, probate, trusts, tax and estate planning
• resilience, flexibility and positivity, with the ability to handle a wide variety of complex cases
• considerable experience of dealing with high net worth individuals (both in the lifetime and post death context) and those with complex affairs e.g. business / farming interests, international estates and complex IHT and estate planning arrangements using trusts and other structures
• a client-focused approach, with the ability to put the client’s interests at the heart of what you do
• great communication skills and the ability to engage confidently with colleagues, clients and our business partners
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.