Estate Planning Associate Case Manager
£20,880 - £26,100 plus benefits (Grade F13)
Remote with some travel to one of our regional offices (Sheffield, Bristol, Manchester, or Stratford-upon-Avon) particularly in the training period
We’re looking for estate planning case managers to join us. At Co-op Legal Services we are known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of probate, estate planning and private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for writing wills and managing incoming cases. You’ll communicate with clients over the phone, progressing each case through to completion. We’ll also look to you to mentor and support other colleagues within the team. It’s a big job with even bigger opportunities for you to develop your legal career with a business that puts people first.
What you’ll do:
• document and write wills, making sure all documentation is legally accurate and professionally written
• liaise with clients and associated professionals throughout each case
• manage an incoming case load and work with those parties involved towards the successful completion of a case
• accurately maintain client records and correspondence on our systems, making sure that all compliance and regulatory standards are met
This role would suit people who have:
• a solid background in wills drafting and estate planning
• the ability to build rapport with your clients, and a passion for providing outstanding customer service
• experience of working with lasting power of attorney cases
• a high level of attention to detail
• the confidence to really take responsibility and lead with cases
• a proven ability to manage your own caseload and deliver to deadlines in a busy environment
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• free access to gym and spa facilities at the 5-star Aztec West hotel
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.