£18,800 plus benefits (Work Level 6C)
Stratford upon Avon
We’re looking for enthusiastic legal assistants to join our team in Stratford upon Avon. At Co-op Legal Services we are known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of probate, estate planning and private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a legal assistant, you’ll be supporting case handlers with a variety of tasks including general administration work, preparing documents, completing forms, and most importantly looking after our customers. This is a great opportunity to learn lots and develop your legal expertise with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• support case handlers by carrying out administrative work which meets the requirements of the case management framework (this will include a range of tasks including filing and managing the team’s post)
• work effectively from a task list on a daily basis, making sure that the task list is well maintained, scheduling follow-up tasks with both third parties and internal partners
• support the case handlers with customer communications over the telephone, building up positive relationships and dealing with any issues which may arise with the customer
• support in the development and implementation of any process changes to the case management framework
This role would suit people who have
• excellent customer service skills and experience
• some previous legal experience or an interest in building your career within legal services
• solid administration experience, with great written and verbal communication skills
• the ability to communicate professionally and sensitively with customers
• a talent for building positive relationships with colleagues and customers
• great organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-pace environment
• a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• a legal qualification or ambition to work towards one in the future
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.