Salary dependent on experience plus amazing benefits
Lea Green, St Helens
40 hours per week (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm)
We’re looking for a Pharmacy assistant to join the Co-op Health team. In this role you’ll work in our warehouse dispensary preparing prescriptions to be sent out to our customers. You’ll need to focus on accuracy so our customers always get the right products when they need them, and to make sure we adhere to GPhC (general pharmaceutical council) standards.
Co-op has re-entered the healthcare market so we can help communities to take control of their health. There’s never been a more exciting time to join us – we’re exploring innovative ways to establish our presence in the healthcare sector, and we’ve recently acquired Dimec: an NHS-approved digital prescriptions app.
We’re looking for people who have an NVQ Level 2 in pharmacy services or equivalent, although don’t worry if you don’t have this. If you have the skills and experience we need we can offer you on the job training and support to make sure you succeed in this role
What you’ll do
• prepare dispensing products against prescriptions
• manage the ordering and receipt of stock, making sure stock levels are correct at all times
• complete an accuracy check to make sure customers are getting the right products
• manage electronic prescription claims
• prepare prescriptions ready for dispatch so they can be sent out to customers so they can be dispatched to customers
This role would suit people who have
• a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• great team working skills
• an NVQ Level 2 in pharmacy services or equivalent, this isn’t essential and we can offer training and support
• experience working in a pharmacy or healthcare environment or similar
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.