£9.44 - £10.50 per hour plus benefits
20 Hours per week
We’re looking for caring people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to deliver a first class funeral service, we’ll support you as you complete a level 2 apprenticeship. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As a funeral arranger you’ll be the first point of contact for clients – understanding their needs and helping them to plan the funeral. It’ll be down to you to be there for clients when they need our help, support or advice.
What you’ll do
• welcome clients and understand needs; providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
• support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
• build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This role would suit people who have
• a passion for delivering great service
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• a natural ability to really understand and deliver against clients’ needs
• the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-moving environment
• the ability to build positive relationships in the local community
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous funerals experience)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.