Wills and Trust Case Manager
£28,800 - £32,000 depending on experience (Work Level 6A)
Sheffield (a mixture of home and office working)
We’re looking for ambitious wills and trust case managers to join us. At Co-op Legal Services we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of probate, estate planning and private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for writing wills and managing incoming cases. You’ll communicate with clients over the phone, progressing each case through to completion. We’ll also look to you to mentor and support other colleagues within the team. It’s a big job with even greater opportunities to develop and progress your career with a business that’s all about people and doing the right thing.
What you’ll do:
• review estate planning documents (including lifetime trusts) and advise clients around their estate planning needs, including matters relating to tax and trust administration
• draft various estate planning documents and complete paperwork / forms relating to trust administration
• undertake project based work supporting the management team
• mentor and supervise legal administrators within the team
• liaise with clients and other key third parties throughout each case; advising on the best products and services depending on their individual needs
• accurately maintain client records and correspondence on our systems to ensure all compliance and regulatory standards are met
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified solicitor / CILEX or STEP qualified, or equivalent experience
• solid legal knowledge, and wills and trust writing experience
• a high level of attention to detail
• the ability to build rapport and customer relationships over the phone
• great communication skills, both verbally and written
• excellent time management skills
• the confidence to really take responsibility and lead with cases
• a proven ability to deliver to deadlines in a busy environment
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.