Case Manager / Paralegal
£25,000 plus incentive scheme up to £2,500 after probation, with excellent benefits including: 28 days holiday, 10% pension contribution (£2,500) & employee discounts (Work Level 6B)
Sheffield, S9 3QS
You’ll complete your training at one of our offices, then you’ll have the option to work in a hybrid way, dividing your time between working from home and the office. You can visit our Hybrid Working Policy for more information (https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy)
We’re looking for case managers to join our Co-op Legal Services probate team.
In this role, you'll provide legal and administrative support to our customers following a bereavement. We’ll look to you to manage each case from beginning to end, discussing the estate of the deceased and keeping in continuous contact with the customer. You’ll make a real difference to customers lives at a time when they need us most.
As a growing business we’re passionate about developing our colleagues. We offer trainee solicitor programmes twice a year as well as lots of opportunities for progression. We'll also provide full training to get you up to speed. So, whether you’re a paralegal or legal assistant looking to take the next step in your career, or you have a background in customer service or case management, if you can bring us the skills we need, we can offer you the exciting opportunity to build a rewarding career with us.
What you’ll do
• take ownership of your own caseload
• work closely with customers (via phone or in writing), taking an empathetic approach given their recent circumstances
• deliver on internal targets and service levels that drive the best possible outcomes for our customers
• use a case management system to help manage your work, making sure it’s always accurate and up to date
• work collaboratively with the team, sharing ideas and learning from colleagues to support your development
• engage with third parties, in particular financial institutions, and government bodies
• prepare the forms and documents required to keep cases moving forward and keep track of financial transactions
This role would suit people who have
• a solid background in non-retail customer service, experience with managing cases/claims end-to-end, or experience as a paralegal
• excellent customer service skills with the ability to put the customer’s interests at the heart of what you do
• great organisational skills; you’re able to manage your own workload and prioritise
• great communication skills, both verbal and written
• a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• emotional resilience and the ability to be professional even in difficult situations; you understand the difference between sympathy and empathy
• a willingness to learn with a passion for self-development
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• incentive scheme up to 10% after probation
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• wellbeing benefits to support your physical financial and mental health
• coaching, training and support such as study leave, to help you develop your skills and progress your career
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.