Estate Planning Case Manager
£19,400 - £22,500 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 6C)
Bristol & Sheffield
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working with some travel to one of our offices particularly in the training period. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for case managers to join our estate planning team in Co-op Legal Services.
In this role, you’ll support with will writing and managing incoming estate planning cases. We’ll look to you to connect with clients and external partners remotely, progressing each case through to completion. You don’t need any legal or case management experience as we’ll provide full training and mentorship within an inclusive team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to build your legal career in a fast-growing, innovative legal business whilst making a positive difference for your customers at a time when they need it most.
What you’ll do:
• document and write wills of various degrees of complexity together with ancillary paperwork
• prepare and register lasting powers of attorney while ensuring all such paperwork is legally accurate and professionally written
• own a varied caseload of estate planning cases end to end, using a case management system to accurately record information and meet regulatory standards
• engage directly with clients mainly by telephone and email, on occasion this may include supporting clients in evenings and Saturdays outside usual business hours
• work towards individual targets using dashboards to prioritise your cases and also manage your own task lists
• work collaboratively with support from experienced members of the team to continually develop your legal skills
This role would suit people who have:
• a desire to develop your career in legal services
• experience working within a regulated industry such as legal, insurance, financial services or similar
• excellent communication skills and a passion for providing outstanding customer service
• a high level of attention to detail and excellent organisational skills with the confidence to lead on cases
• the ability to manage your own varied workload and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your wage as you earn it
• free support for your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.