Post Office Manager – Wilton, Salisbury
£18,590 - £19,600 plus benefits
We’re looking for a post office manager to join our team in Wilton. As well as a strong product offering in our food stores, we’ve also got a great post office service in over 350 stores across the country. Our branches are an integral part to not just our business, but the local community too.
If you can bring a combination of post office experience we need, as well as amazing customer service skills, we can offer you a great opportunity to be part of a business that really does put people at the heart of its strategy.
As a post office manager, you’ll be responsible for the whole post office operation. We’ll look for you to lead a team of post office clerks - inspiring and developing them to do deliver an incredible service to our customers and members. You’ll monitor team performance, making sure that colleagues understand the value of upselling our services at the kiosk, and ensuring that you’re always looking to improve sales.
What you’ll do:
• develop, lead and inspire a team of post office clerks
• make sure the branch is compliant with operational policies and procedures
• report on balance, cash and sales
• plan and review branch resource requirements to meet customer needs
• drive commercial growth, engaging the team and communicating branch performance
• role model what great customer service looks like to our colleagues
• get involved within the local community
• support and build strong working relationships with colleagues in the food store
• help out within the store, particularly if there’s post office requirements
This role would suit people who have:
• previous experience of working in a post office
• a strong understanding of policies, regulations and procedures
• a track record in driving sales, and improving commercial growth
• experience of working in a customer facing environment
• fantastic customer service and organisation skills
• an approachable nature and motivated to deliver a great service
• a real passion for working with the local community
• flexibility to be able to support the food store when required
• a track record in managing or supervising a team, but this isn’t essential
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- great holiday allowance
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.