We’re looking for ambitious self-employed estate planning consultants to cover Reading and the surrounding areas. If you have the ambition and experience we’re after, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to drive your own career, in your own environment with a business that’s all about people.
In this role you’ll actively sell the benefits of our products and services to potential clients across your region. You’ll be travelling regularly, attending different meetings and recommending which of our products and services best suit people’s needs.
What you’ll do:
• attend self-generated appointments and referrals from our head office with potential customers
• discuss the benefits of later life legal services products including Wills, LPAs, Trusts, Pre-paid funeral plans and probate services
• deliver talks and seminars to community groups of potential clients covering later life legal products and services
• work closely with customers in your area to identify needs and give the appropriate advice and options to meet their needs
• develop relationships within your region to encourage referrals from local professional advisers
• explain complex legal issues to clients surrounding estate planning and later life
This role would suit people who have:
• proven sales experience, preferably in a legal or financial services industry
• experience of actively sourcing leads
• current self-employed status already (or you’re looking to become self-employed)
• previous experience of public speaking
• confidence when presenting and a natural flare for engaging an audience
• the ability to consult, influence and negotiate whilst showing enthusiasm for the product and services, exceeding targets and KPIs set
• the ability and passion to use your own initiative, work autonomously and generate referrals
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As a self-employed field based consultant, you won’t be a Co-op employee. This means you won’t get the full Co-op benefits package, but you will have full control of the level of work you bring in and manage. You’ll also need to process your own tax returns.