£40,000-£45,000 plus benefits
Field based, to cover the South East of England, including London
9 month fixed term contract
At the Co-op, we’ve got exciting plans for 2019, which includes opening 100 new stores and pioneering new formats, so there’s never been more important time to recruit the right people at the right time for our business. We’re now looking to recruit a talented resourcing partner to join us, and help deliver an amazing hiring experience for managers across our business. It’s a fantastic opportunity to be part of our success and help us recruit our store colleagues of the future.
In the last few years we’ve introduced new roles and new technology to the team that helped us take our service to new heights and we’re now building on our success to deliver an even better customer experience. So together we can deliver a simple, clear process that ensures we recruit the best people, at the right time.
What you’ll do
• work with a variety of partners and hiring managers to make sure they have a great hiring experience
• influence, challenge and inspire hiring managers to realise the benefits of our resourcing service
• add real value to the process through tailored solutions that are aligned to partners’ strategic objectives
• work as part of a matrix team, delivering the end-to-end recruitment process for customer facing roles
• use new technology and processes to drive volume recruitment
• build solid relationships with hiring managers, offering advice and guidance where needed
This role would suit people who have
• excellent relationship building and communication skills, able to influence and challenge partners across all levels of the business
• the ability to manage multiple relationships remotely
• experience working in a field based role, able to manage your own diary and workload
• complex high volume recruitment experience
• experience taking comprehensive briefs, for roles in high volumes
• a real passion for change, and the resilience to overcome obstacles to embed new processes
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.