£18,408 - £20,475 plus benefits
We’re looking for a funeral arranger to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team. As market leaders we have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service. And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As a funeral arranger you’ll build relationships with clients, colleagues and the local community. You’ll support the funeral director as and when you can, but your main focus will be on client services like remembrance and bereavement groups. And of course you’ll be there for clients when they need any help, support or advice.
What you’ll do
• welcome and understand client needs; providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
• support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
• build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This role would suit people who have
• customer focus with the passion to understand and deliver against clients’ needs
• the commitment to work as a team and support colleagues in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment
• the ability to build strong relationships and a network in the local community
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• attention to detail and the ability to act promptly in a measured and considered way
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 23 days holiday (rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.