£10.98 per hour
Gwent, Newport, Wales
20 hours Part-time, Permanent
You can apply for this job on your mobile in a few simple steps – no CV needed.
We’re looking for caring and passionate people to join our Co-op Funeralcare team. You don’t need industry experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at a time when they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to deliver a first-class funeral service, we’ll support you with training from day one. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As a funeral arranger you’ll often be the first point of contact for clients – understanding their needs and helping them to plan the funeral. It’ll be down to you to be there for them when they need our help, support or advice. You’ll also carry out a range of admin and business-related tasks to help ensure the smooth-running of the branch or Care Centre.
What you’ll do:
• welcome clients, providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their individual needs and budget
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families; assisting with family visits, answering any queries and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• be open and comfortable holding the fort within the funeral home, as there will be times when you’re the only colleague in branch
• build positive relationships in the community, being a point of contact for local community groups
• support with manual handling of coffins and the deceased
This role would suit people who have:
• a passion for delivering great service and building positive relationships
• an open mind when it comes to working around and coming into contact with the deceased, both prepared and unprepared
• great organisational and admin ability
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• a natural ability to really understand and deliver against clients’ needs
• the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-moving environment
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include checks of your social media accounts and activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.