LGV Driver (C+E/Class 1)
£14.28 hourly rate plus £2.15/hour weekend shift allowance, £1.15/hour unsocial shift allowance (7pm-3am)
Start times between 3am - 11am
Our driver contracts are for 40 hours, worked over 5 days. Drivers will be expected to work over these hours to meet the needs of the operation, all additional hours worked will be paid, along with any appropriate premiums.
We’re looking for LGV drivers to join our team in Newhouse. As a Co-op driver you’ll help to keep our customers happy by making sure products are delivered to stores at the right time. In return we’ll provide you with a safe, supportive work environment that offers real work/life balance, as well as a very competitive salary and benefits package.
As a driver you’ll transport products safely from the distribution centre to stores in the region, helping to offload stock in to the warehouse when you arrive.
What you’ll do:
• deliver stock from the DC to stores in the region in a safe, professional and cost effective way
• drive safely, obeying the rules of the road and following the correct Co-op procedures
• positively represent the Co-op out on the road at all times
• treat other road users and pedestrians with respect
• provide an efficient and supportive delivery service, helping to offload stock into stores
• make every effort to deliver stock safely despite the weather conditions
This role would suit people who have:
• a C+E category (Class 1) LGV drivers licence
• previous experience as a driver (particularly long distance commercial deliveries)
• good service skills with the ability to represent Co-op positively on the road
• the ability to work positively with Co-op customers and colleagues
• great organisation and time management skills
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• additional weekend and unsocial shift allowances
• 22 days holiday (rising to 36 days in line with service) plus bank holidays
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.