Engagement Support Assistant
£9.94 hourly rate plus £1.49 per hour weekend shift allowance and benefits
We’re looking for an engagement support assistant to join our depot in Newhouse. At the Co-op we believe in putting our customers, colleagues and communities at the heart of everything we do. We inspire our teams to share their ideas to help us improve the way we work in our state-of-the-art depots. And Newhouse really is an impressive operation. Delivering to 800 stores across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Outer Hebribes, Newhouse plays a big role in keeping our customers happy.
As an engagement support assistant, we’ll look for you to increase engagement within and outside the depot, driving membership awareness. You’ll organise, plan and communicate fundraising, community support and team building events across the site. You’ll also promote the great work that we get up to in depot to the local press and through our social media channels.
What you’ll do:
• increase engagement with c. 1200 colleagues at the depot – colleagues and managers
• go out into the local community and support local charities linked to the depot
• organise and plan special events within the depot and communicate these to all colleagues
• complete information for the weekly huddle and maintains the touchscreen content in depots
• update the colleague noticeboard with important updates and events
• promote the great work our colleagues get up to with the local press and social media channels
• increase membership awareness amongst colleagues and the local community
• make sure the depot is presented as a great place to come and work
This role would suit someone who has:
• great organisation skills
• amazing communication skills and able to engage with a variety of different colleagues in the depot, from managers to colleagues
• the ability to be a self-starter and can use their own initiative
• an awareness of social media and the power that can have on engagement
• Microsoft Word and Powerpoint experience
• experience in events management or a previous engagement role – this is desirable
• some fundraising experience, this would be a huge advantage
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• great holiday allowance
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.