Facilities Management Business Partner
£33,200 - £41,500 plus benefits, including company car (Work Level 6A)
Newcastle and surrounding areas
Home based / remote, with frequent travel across the region
We’re looking for a facilities management business partner to join us and support the delivery of our facilities management strategy across Newcastle and surrounding areas. At Co-op, we’re proud to be the owners of one of the UK’s largest and most varied property portfolios with more than 6,500 properties across food, funeralcare, support centres and residential. If you can bring us the motivation to put our business partners at the heart of everything you do, drive your own workload and build great relationships across the region, then we can offer you the chance to make a big impact and build a career with a business that really does put people at the heart of its strategy.
As a FM business partner, we’ll look to you to provide an excellent FM service to circa 125 properties. In this varied role, you’ll build great relationships with colleagues and suppliers across your region and at our support centre, becoming the key partner for any facilities issues. Your responsibilities will range from handling facilities escalations, to collating information to support decisions on strategy and investment. You’ll also be our first response following major incidents such as crime and flooding so the ability to work under pressure and think on your feet is a must. It’s a big job. But one where you’ll get the chance to develop your profile in a role where no two days are ever the same.
What you’ll do
• deliver operational facilities management consistently and to a high standard across the approximately 125 properties in your region
• visit the sites in your area periodically, engaging and building relationships with field colleagues and partners
• build meaningful relationships with 3rd party suppliers and make sure services are delivered to a high quality, in time and budget
• carry out property audits and inspections, making decisions on how to best maintain our assets in order to keep our colleagues and customers safe and our sites trading
• work collaboratively with our property teams to support the delivery of capital programmes
• play your part in providing out of hours support across your division on a rota basis
• work closely with the senior business partner to plan activity and tackle more complex issues
This role would suit people who have
• experience working in a field role, managing multiple sites
• a talent for building and managing strong and meaningful relationships with a broad range of colleagues, field leaders and partners
• great Excel skills, with the ability to analyse data to gain insight and inform decision making
• great organisational skills; you’ll be highly self-motivated and able to prioritise and organise your workload effectively and work on your own, whilst also being part of a high functioning team
• a full UK driving licence
• an IOSH qualification would be desirable, but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.