£23,400 - £35,600 plus benefits
We’re looking for funeral service managers to join our Co-op Funeralcare teams and support colleagues to continually deliver the best possible service to each and every one of our clients and customers nationwide. If you can bring amazing relationship skills combined with the commercial focus we’re after, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in an exciting new role.
As a funeral service manager, you’ll be working with colleagues at all levels, covering between 7 and 15 funeral homes within your region. We’ll look to you to build effective relationships, overseeing funeral services and processes to make sure we’re consistently delivering the highest possible standards to our clients and customers nationwide. If you can bring us the skills we need, you’ll have the opportunity to make a great impact to the way we do business in our funeral homes, leading the way for client care and innovation in the industry.
What you’ll do:
• lead and coach a team of funeral directors and arrangers across your region
• build strong and effective relationships with colleagues in your area to drive a consistently high standard of funeral service to our clients
• inspire your teams to focus on achieving the highest possible standards of customer care in line with business and commercial objectives
• take responsibility for any customer complaints and issues
• carry out inspections of funeral homes to make sure standards are met and premises are always immaculate and presentable and in line with risk, health and safety standards
• analyse and review management information to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement and consistency across the wider business
• take an active role within the community; building relationships with other Co-op businesses and external organisations to promote our services and bring our communities together
This role will suit people who have:
• a real commercial focus and the ability to spot opportunities and trends
• confidence communicating and presenting to all kinds of people
• the ability to coach and mentor teams across multiple locations
• great relationship building and customer service skills
• the ability to communicate professionally and sensitively with clients and customers at a difficult time in their lives
• an open mind when it comes to working around and coming into contact with the deceased
• any experience or exposure within the funeral care industry – this would be an advantage but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.