Night Ambulance Crew
£29,846.99 plus benefits (including night shift premium of 33.3%)
38.5 hours per week working 20:00 until 08:00, 4 nights on 4 nights off shift pattern
We’re looking for people to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team as night ambulance crew. You’ll form part of one big team focussed on providing a seamless service and doing the right thing by our families. And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As a part of a specialist night ambulance service, you’ll carry out the collection and transportation of the deceased during the night. This allows us to have a 24-7 operation, supporting our clients when they need us, without putting extra strain on day time colleagues and so this is a really important role for us. You’ll be working on a regular shift pattern, with shifts starting at 8pm and ending at 8am, and in return you’ll receive premium pay and plenty of knowledge of your working pattern.
What you’ll do:
• collect the deceased during the night from a range of locations and scenarios, which sometimes can be distressing, in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
• carry out support activities whilst at the funeral home including the care and preparation of the deceased, whilst not out in the ambulance
• work closely with the wider team making sure there’s a clear hand-over for day time colleagues
• update and maintain records, on both written and digital platforms, in adherence with processes and regulation
• report into the care logistics manager, carrying out any requests as instructed
This role would suit people who have:
• the desire and flexibility to work only night shifts
• a full UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
• the ability to act promptly but in a measured and considered way
• the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with a high attention to detail
• a calm approach in sometimes distressing situations and the ability to think on your feet
• no problems manually lifting and no specific health reasons to stop you doing so
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.