Treasury TMS Implementation Project Lead
£50,000 – £65,000 plus benefits (Work Level 5)
6-month fixed-term contract
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a treasury TMS implementation project lead to join us and help project-manage the implementation of our treasury management system so we can improve and automate our treasury processes. We’ve got a big job on our hands to transform the way we do business at Co-op, and you’ll be a key part of this. And when we get it right, it’ll have even bigger benefits for our members, customers, and colleagues.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for project-managing the implementation of Co-op’s treasury management system. You’ll work closely with our assistant treasurer on the design of the system and with external consultants on the implementation. We’ll also look to you to oversee the effective and accurate transfer of data from our existing database to the new system. If you’ve got experience of project-managing the implementation of a TMS along with significant experience of working in treasury (front or back office), then we can offer you a great opportunity with an organisation that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• responsible for successful implementation of the treasury management system including supporting the design, development, UAT and implementation
• with the support of the assistant treasurer develop and manage a transformation roadmap aligned to the project objectives
• collaborate with our assistant treasurer and consultants on the design of the system
• working closely with key project stakeholders, including front office treasury, back office treasury, finance and SAP finance transformation team, and external consultants
• managing the progress of the implementation project and prepare reporting to provide status updates to project steering committee
• implementation of the TMS will require the migration of the existing data and processes for all areas of treasury’s responsibilities, these include cash management (daily cash position), cash forecasting, treasury deals (cash investments, FX, commodities, interest rate, bonds), accounting for month-end close (including interface to ERP), back office controls, and reporting
This role would suit people who have
• experience of project managing the implementation of a treasury management system
• experience in finance transformation projects or programmes where you have implemented systems and improved processes through process re-engineering
• project or management experience in the following processes – cash and liquidity management, FX and commodity risk management, debt instruments, and month-end processes
• experience working with a treasury management system
• excellent time-management
• the ability to collaborate and build and maintain strong relationships at all levels
• excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• ideally with a treasury or accountancy qualification
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training, and support to help you develop
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.