£30,000-£38,000 plus excellent benefits including annual bonus, 28 days holiday, pension with up to 10% Co-op contribution, and free support for your physical, financial and mental wellbeing (Work Level 6A)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices (Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon). Visit colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy for more information.
We’re looking for probate solicitors to join our market leading Co-op Legal Services team.
Here at Co-op, we’re committed to a better way of doing business. The work you do will make a real difference to building better communities for our members, customers, and colleagues. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of 50-60 complex probate cases from start to finish, making a real difference to our customers lives at a time when they need us most. You'll be joining a fast-growing and innovative legal business, and you won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we use innovative technology to support your delivery, allowing you to focus on supporting our customers.
What you’ll do
• manage a varied caseload of probate cases from start to finish
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
• work collaboratively with support from experienced members of the team to continually develop your legal skills
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor or legal executive (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have
equivalent experience with a background in probate or private client
• the ability to use your initiative and effectively manage multiple priorities
• a client-focused approach – putting customers’ interests at the heart of everything you do
• some experience in dealing with taxable estates
Here you’ll do work that matters. Co-op is an organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and by contributing to our success you’ll help us to realise our vision of co-operating for a fairer world.
You’ll also get a package that includes:
• an annual bonus scheme (dependent on personal and business performance)
a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• wellbeing benefits to support your physical financial and mental health
• coaching, training and support such as study leave, to help you develop your skills and progress your career
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your wage as you earn it
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.