Senior Finance Manager – Projects
£55,000 - £65,000 plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a hardworking finance manager to inspire change across our retail business and lead our forward-thinking team. If you have the level of engagement skills and accounting knowledge we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact and change the way we do business at the Co-op.
In this role, we’ll look to you to support the business in end-to-end decision making. You’ll partner with colleagues across commercial, retail operations, logistics, and marketing assessing the profitability of strategic investment decisions. The role requires an ambitious and focused person who will quickly establish themselves as a key contact challenging the status quo and striving for best practice.
What you’ll do:
• support business partners in preparing high quality business cases, presenting to senior leaders and influencing strategic level decision making
• develop new modelling techniques to inform the strategic decision-making process
• be an integral part of the end to end capital investment programme
• develop strong relationships with our senior business leaders
• work across multiple cost-saving and returning programmes, providing insight and challenge to make best use of capital
• testing hypotheses and undertaking ad hoc business investigations
• develop advanced modelling techniques using robust financial analysis
• coach members of the investments and property teams, providing cross functional support
• support the governance, execution and performance of the investment appraisal process
• develop the post investment process and utilise learnings to inform future investment decisions
This role will suit people who have:
• a solid understanding of accounting principles (preferably ACA background)
• great analytical skills and a real ability to translate numbers and complex data sets into meaningful insight
• high proficiency in financial modelling
• experience of Alteryx and PowerBi
• an inquisitive nature with a real ability to engage, challenge and influence colleagues
• confidence presenting insight to different audiences and senior leaders
• the ability to react dynamically
• work within tight timescales with an ability to prioritise and delegate
• experience of driving and delivering cost and benefit efficiencies
• any line management experience – this’d be valuable but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and as an interaction designer you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• access to private health care
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.