Senior eCommerce Development Manager
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits (Grade D19)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a senior ecommerce development manager to join us and help us to deliver our exciting online retail strategy. We’re building a service that’ll make shopping at the Co-op even more convenient for the communities that we serve. Over the last year, we’ve made huge advances in our online offering, but there’s still work to be done. It’s a big job. But if you have the ecommerce experience and natural leadership skills that we need, then we can offer you an even bigger opportunity to build your profile in a fast-growing area of our retail business.
In this role, we’ll look to you to manage the delivery, implementation and optimisation of the technical development roadmap for multiple ecommerce platforms, both front and back-end. You’ll work collaboratively with senior colleagues from Co-op’s Digital and IT teams, as well as third party organisations, to define requirements, negotiate priorities, and make sure that tech solutions are fit for purpose and landed on time.
What you’ll do
• manage the delivery and implementation of our ecommerce roadmap
• work collaboratively with colleagues cross-functionally to coordinate the development and delivery of Co-op’s online strategy, establishing consistent and aligned ways of working across different teams
• manage third party suppliers to support the delivery of the online operational strategy for food
• develop and manage a robust support ticket process for any technical issues arising throughout the ecommerce journey
• develop integrated MI and business reporting practices, to make sure that key partners in the business are provided with regular ecommerce updates
• manage and support a team of 3 – 4 direct reports, taking on all line management responsibilities for these colleagues
This role would suit people who have
• previous ecommerce experience, preferably within a grocery retail environment
• experience of using a range of ecommerce tools, with good technical understanding of both front and back-end development
• strong analytical skills, with proficiency in Google Analytics and data manipulation
• the ability to collaborate and engage with key partners cross-functionally, building positive relationships as you go
• leadership skills, and the ability to manage, support and encourage a team of colleagues to drive great results
• the ability to work flexibly and adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• a passion for providing customers with innovative and forward-thinking digital solutions
• an understanding of agile methodologies would be useful in this role
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.