Senior Associate Solicitor (Probate)
£42,000-£70,000 plus excellent benefits including private healthcare, annual bonus, 28 days holiday (Work Level 5)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices (Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon). Visit colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy for more information.
We’re looking for an experienced probate solicitor to join our specialist high net worth team.
Here at Co-op, we’re committed to a better way of doing business. The work you do will make a real difference to building better communities for our members, customers, and colleagues. In this role, you’ll manage a caseload of 50-60 complex probate cases from start to finish, making a real difference to our customers lives at a time when they need us most. You'll be joining a fast-growing and innovative legal business, and you won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we use innovative technology to support your delivery, allowing you to focus on supporting our customers.
What you’ll do
• manage a varied caseload of complex and/or high net worth probate and estate planning cases from start to finish, with administrative support provided at certain case levels
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
• make sure that SRA and other relevant regulations are adhered to at all times
• work on a combination of fixed fee and hourly rate matters and deliver financial and case progression targets
• support the delivery of legal training in the team – mentoring and supporting other case managers and assisting them with complex elements of their work
• work closely with our business partners to build positive relationships and provide them with legal updates
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor or legal executive, or have the equivalent experience
• significant experience of working with a high net worth client base
• extensive experience across wills, probate, trusts, tax and estate planning
• resilience, flexibility and positivity, with the ability to handle a variety of complex cases
• experience of managing complex affairs (e.g. business/farming interests, international estates, complex IHT and estate planning arrangements using trusts and other structures)
• a client-focused approach, with the ability to put clients’ interests at the heart of what you do
Our legal team is the number one market leader in probate. Here you’ll do work that matters. Co-op is an organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and by contributing to our success you’ll help us to realise our vision of co-operating for a fairer world.
You’ll also get a package that includes:
• an annual bonus scheme (dependent on personal and business performance)
• private health cover for you as an individual
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• wellbeing benefits to support your physical financial and mental health
• coaching, training, and support such as study leave, to help you develop your skills and progress your career
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.