Circa £34,000 plus excellent benefits (Grade E16)
Manchester city centre, with remote / flexible working options available
We’re looking for a range analyst to join our exciting commercial ranging team. Here at Co-op we’re continually improving the way we select the ranges for our stores and this team is at the forefront of our business’s ranging process, working collaboratively with multiple partners across the business to deliver the products our customers love.
As a range analyst we’ll develop your skills so you can become a specialist on your category and on JDA ranging tools and software. You’ll be aligned to a category area and a crucial part of the range review process. You’ll continually analyse sales and customer data and use our ranging software to execute the category ranging plan. You’ll have the objective of balancing customer needs and commercial requirements, as well as making sure our ranges are right for store colleagues and our thousands of stores. If you can bring the analytical skills and passion for understanding our products, stores and customers, we can offer you the opportunity to play a big part in an industry leading team.
What you’ll do
• set up and execute range reviews in our software (full training will be provided, and experience on this is not essential)
• work with the category teams to understand the ranging strategy and translate into JDA, using logic formulas to direct where products go
• analyse large amounts of sales, marketing and consumer data, reviewing and presenting back the results to colleagues
• continually review your work to make sure the range is aligned to the business strategy, customer needs and commercial requirements
• share your outputs with buyers, communicating the changes you’ve made and their impact
• follow key processes for range reviews, working to critical paths
• critically evaluate and provide recommendations for improvement
• assist in category reviews
• conduct post analysis to measure the effectiveness of decisions and their impact on stores
• develop and execute coding to ensure the right products go to the right stores
This role would suit people who have
• solid analytical skills, with experience working and interpreting large data sets
• strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with partners from all levels and influence decision making
• organisation skills and a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• a collaborative approach to work, with a talent for building positive relationships with colleagues and external partners
• proven Excel skills, with the ability to produce reports and expertly use a variety of formulas and pivot tables
• great IT skills, with a knack for easily getting to grips with new software
• a background in a food retailer, manufacturer or supplier would be desirable, but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.