£32,000-£56,000 + amazing benefits
Manchester city centre
At Co-op Digital, we’re creating our own digital revolution. By helping a very traditional organisation to embrace the culture, practices and technologies of the internet age, we’re doing digital transformation on a grand scale. This kind of change isn’t always easy. Supporting colleagues to adopt agile, user-centred ways of working takes time. But when we get it right, the benefits for our members, customers and communities are huge.
As a testing specialist at Co-op Digital you’ll work in one of our multi-disciplinary agile teams alongside developers, product owners, product managers, business analysts, architects, researchers and designers. We work together to create solutions that deliver simple applications with the needs of our customers and members at their heart.
Building a quality service that’s fit for purpose is a shared responsibility across the whole product team. Our quality analysts have an important role to play in holding up a mirror to what’s produced, and making sure the team has feedback at the right points about the quality and viability of the service being delivered.
What you’ll do:
● ensure the team has an effective ‘whole team’ approach to building quality in and validating this with appropriate testing
● work with the team to clarify requirements and define acceptance criteria, representing QA in 3 amigos sessions or equivalent
● guide the creation of tests to reflect the acceptance criteria and ensure they are at an appropriate level of abstraction
● provide appropriate coverage and make a good cost/risk trade-off (could be system-level automated, unit-level automated, system-level manual, etc.)
● be the go-to person on the team for questions on what, when and how to test
● build a strong understanding of the domain and apply that to exploratory testing during the implementation cycle
● act as the quality governance route between the team and external stakeholders
● liaise with other system owners to perform regression testing on major releases and deployments.
● improve communication between the delivery teams and stakeholders
● work to create quick feedback loops and focus on the customer
To be successful as a quality analyst at Co-op Digital, you’ll need to be a testing expert. We’ll look to you to advise the team on all things test related, so it’s vital that you can write a good test and you know the difference between checking and testing, and what a good level of test coverage looks like.
We’d love to talk to you if:
● you have experience in a quality analyst or testing specialist role
● you have experience with – and a desire to work using – agile practices (e.g. Kanban, XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery)
● you understand current thinking in testing and QA
● you have experience of regression testing and advising conversion of acceptance criteria into workable tests
● you bring a track record of well-judged exploratory testing
● you have the ability to refine requirements and define acceptance criteria
● you’ve got working experience in cross-functional development teams
● you have impeccable attention to detail and great verbal and written communication skills
● you have a strong familiarity with web technologies
● you can influence all kinds of people
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial
organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help
us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package
●coaching, training and support to
help you develop
●pension with up to 10% employer
●annual incentive scheme
●28 days holiday (rising to 32 in
line with service)
●discounts on Co-op products and
Building an inclusive work environment
actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But
simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive
environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their
full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of
teams reflecting the communities they serve.
make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer
a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your
personal circumstances. You can find out more
about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete
an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
You can find out more about what’s going on right now in Co-op Digital by visiting https://digital.blogs.coop, or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoopDigital