Promotions Merchandising Coordinator
£22,000 - £24,000 plus benefits (Grade F)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a promotions merchandising coordinator to join our promotions merchandising team, and help us to make sure that our promotional products are displayed in the best way to appeal to customers in our food stores. If you can bring us technical skills and a knack for problem-solving, we can offer you the chance to advance your merchandising skills and gain great exposure in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll gather data ready for merchandisers to use in JDA to create and deliver promotional planograms that’ll be distributed to our supply chain and stores. It’ll be up to you to make sure data is accurate, and delivered on time so that the team are able to meet tight deadlines. You’ll be the go-to person if there are any issues with data, acting as a subject matter expert and thinking on your feet to resolve problems as quickly as possible. Your natural people skills will help you to forge relationships with members of your team as well as partners across the wider business.
What you’ll do:
• support the movement of promotional clusters using JDA software
• coordinate the information required by the merchandising team
• maintain accurate data across systems
• monitor the progress of promotional processes and support the team to achieve deadlines
• support the merchandising team to resolve any issues with data to make sure that it’s accurate.
• support the smooth running of projects by making sure that accurate data is flowing through to merchandisers
• build relationships with partners across the business including colleagues in the merchandising team, data management and buying teams
This role would suit people who have:
• some previous merchandising experience
• an understanding of merchandising systems such as JDA, Spaceman or Galleria would be advantageous
• fantastic communication skills with the ability to engage with a variety of colleagues cross-functionally
• good IT skills with the ability to confidently use Microsoft Excel
• the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet to solve problems
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.