£30,000 - £32,000 plus benefits including flexible working (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
12 month fixed-term contract
We’re looking for a merchandiser to join our promotions merchandising team, and create bespoke planograms that’ll showcase our promotional products and make sure that we’re providing our customers with the best possible experience of our stores. If you can bring us the technical skills and drive that we’re after, we can offer you the chance to develop your merchandising skills and define your profile with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll use JDA to create and deliver promotional planograms that’ll be distributed to our supply chain and stores. It’ll be up to you to make sure that work is accurate, and delivered in time to meet promotional time-scales, so attention to detail and organisation skills will be key. You’ll use your natural people skills forge relationships with a plethora of partners across the business and beyond.
What you’ll do
• use data to create bespoke planograms in JDA that are accurate and in line with Co-op’s merchandising principles
• create promotional planograms in JDA that are aligned to the multiple formats that we have within our estate
• work on multiple campaigns and promotions at any one time
• ensure that work is completed to agreed deadlines
• support various projects on an ad-hoc basis
• manage relationships with key partners across the business, including buyers, supply chain analysts, and marketing & operations colleagues
This role would suit people who have
• a background in retail
• experience of using merchandising systems such as JDA, Spaceman or Galleria
• strong skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
• the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with a variety of colleagues
• the confidence to influence others and challenge when necessary
• excellent team working skills and a passion for collaborating with others to get great end results
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.