Digital Product Manager
From £60,000 plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a digital product manager to join our Co-op digital team and oversee the product lifecycle from start to finish. You’ll be joining a team that’s helping a traditional organisation to embrace the culture, practices and technologies of the internet age. Supporting colleagues to adopt agile, user-centred ways of working takes time. But when we get it right, the benefits for our members, customers and communities are huge.
As a digital product manager you’ll guide an agile, multi-disciplinary team to build products across our dynamic portfolio of businesses. You’ll sit at the intersection between business, technology and user experience. If you can bring us the skills we need you’ll have the chance to build a career within a business that is putting people, technology and data at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• spot opportunities for both innovation and efficiency, and distil these insights into concrete missions that tie into our strategy
• define the ways your product gets held to account, and ensure those metrics get tracked
• get people excited about what you’re going to make, so they can be your champions and early adopters
• articulate your product vision to a growing team, and break up its delivery into meaningful, achievable goals
• translate user needs into compelling stories designers can use to draw user flows and interactions, and developers can use to build the product
• plan the pipeline with other product leads and make sure wherever possible, tech and design patterns are reused
• lead, organise, inspire and un-block designers and developers with sharp analysis and well-articulated decisions
• interpret how our members use our live products, and translate that data into new opportunities for features that solve real problems
This role would suit people who have
• proven experience working in a digital product management role
• worked in agile, multi-disciplinary teams
• built products for both colleagues and customers
• managed a product roadmap from start to finish
• worked with users to gain feedback and implement changes
• excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to challenge and influence partners across the business
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.