Principal Solutions Architect – Depot and Transport
£60,000 - £75,000 plus benefits including car allowance (Work Level 4)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a principal solutions architect to join our Co-op Technology team to design and deliver the group technical strategy. It’ll be a highly technical and senior role, and you’ll act as the authority of technical expertise across our Depot and Transport function. If you can bring the technical expertise we’re after, and the ability to influence key partners at all levels, we can offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on our technical strategy in this key business area.
As a principal solutions architect, you’ll be responsible for all Depot and Transport innovation. We’ll give you full autonomy and end-to-end control of the technical solutions; from meeting with senior leaders to find out their strategic needs, looking at new technology, to designing bespoke solutions that meet our business needs. You’ll provide day-to-day expertise to the teams and contribute towards to wider strategic architectural framework.
What you’ll do
• take full end-to-end ownership of technical solutions within the Depot and Transport function
• proactively champion technical strategy in Depot and Transport making sure they fit within the overall Technology function technical strategy
• develop and maintain partner relationships with key business leaders and suppliers, maintaining your own position as a technical leader in Depot and Transport technology
• using industry knowledge challenge and encourage innovation within the Technology team to develop ways of working to achieve the business plan
• own blueprints/roadmaps and strategies for cluster, shaping innovation
• deliver technical design and development activities to programs, projects and products
• coach and develop other team members to strengthen overall knowledge, as well as contributing to the architecture community of practice
This role would suit people who have
• previous experience within dealing with major application development, systems integration or infrastructure projects in a technical project environment
• experience developing and promoting technical strategies and designs
• a track record of successfully driving the implementation of an integration strategy
• strong technical knowledge including application development and deployment, and the creation and maintenance of infrastructure
• experience and knowledge of warehouse management and transport planning and execution technologies
• experience and knowledge of mobile, cloud and integration technologies, Microsoft development stack and web app development lifecycle
• excellent relationship building and communication skills, with the ability to influence up to executive level
• experience managing technical and non-technical teams to achieve delivery
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• company car or car allowance
• private healthcare
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.