Principal SAP Solutions Architect
£71,000 - £90,000 plus excellent benefits including company car (Work Level 4)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for a principal SAP architect to join us at Co-op, as a part of our enterprise platforms team. Over the last few years we’ve transformed the way we work at Co-op. We’ve implemented SAP across our Food business, enabling us to plan, buy and move goods in an agile way - powered by the latest and best technology. Now we’re embedding, optimising and rolling this out across new parts of our organisation, and we need SAP specialists to join us and lead the delivery and growth of this critical application.
In this role, you’ll be our expert in SAP design and we’ll look to you to; lead on our roadmap definition, exploit value, drive strategic development and help manage design delivery. You’ll be working with colleagues across the whole of our organisation and gain lots of exposure. If you can bring us the SAP technical knowledge and leadership skills that we’re after, we can offer you the chance make a genuine impact on our entire business.
What you’ll do
• lead the design direction for the Co-op, as part of the SAP platforms team, providing expertise and guidance into the optimisation centre for excellence
• act as a design lead on project and programme work, ensuring design and delivery is done in an optimal way
• lead the integrated design of SAP solutions
• make sure we’re adopting the best ways of working and solutions available to, which are fit for the future
• collaborate and form relationships with other teams within technology, understanding business requirements
• keep up to date, and provide insight to the business, on innovation and updates within SAP platforms with a solution focus (involving collaboration with them as a strategic partner)
• mentor and develop colleagues within the team, building capability
This role will suit people who have
• significant SAP lead design experience and a strong passion to build in house, best practice capability and teams
• worked on large scale, transformation projects with SAP, including complex integrations, ideally with legacy landscapes as well as full end to end SAP environment
• extensive knowledge of architecture design within SAP Retail and/or SAP Finance domains
• SAP expertise in modules of SAP Retail including; PMR, Master Data, CAR and FnR (you do not need expertise in all of these)
• previously managed design/ solution teams as part of programme delivery and standard working
• good relationship building and communication skills and the ability to influence a variety of people across the business
• an inspiring leadership approach and mentoring capability
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• company car or car allowance
• private healthcare
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.