12 month FTC/ secondment
£25,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a pricing analyst to join our pricing team at Co-op Insurance. Made up of capital, reserving, and pricing, the team is driven by providing pricing and products that meet our customers’ and members’ needs whilst protecting the financial security of our business. This recruitment comes at an exciting time for our insurance business, as we ready ourselves for the upcoming acquisition from a new business with lots of opportunity in the industry. If you can bring us the motivation we need, we can offer you an opportunity to make real impact at a time when it’s hugely important. And you’ll have access to new technology and data, as you work alongside our buyer too.
You’ll be producing information and analysis to support the team in delivering their priorities. You’ll understand and manipulate data, creating reports for use by a variety of colleagues. This could be the first stepping stone in your career into pricing or a step up for someone already in a commercial role. You’ll have great opportunity to train across teams and loads of exposure to the business during an exciting period of change at Co-op Insurance.
What you’ll do
• use relevant software to produce data and MI reports which you will then analyse in order to make recommendations back to the business
• Present data and findings to internal colleagues and external partners effectively
• support management with ad hoc queries from the business and wider actuarial or pricing projects
• maintain continuous housekeeping and quality documentation
This role would suit someone who has
• a passion to develop a career in pricing or actuarial
• either experience working as an analyst or in a pricing team, or a relevant degree. It’s ok if you’re fresh out of university
• experience using or a good knowledge of SAS, and ideally Emblem and/or RADAR
• advanced Excel skills
• the ability to working in a changing environment and adapt accordingly at pace where required
• a confident communication style
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• 37.5 hour week
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.