£50,000-55,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre with occasional travel
We’re looking for an experienced people partner to join us, and provide strategic advice across our retail business, providing expert support to key partners at executive level. It’s a big challenge. But if you can bring us a combination of amazing people skills and a hands-on approach, you’ll have a chance to gain fantastic exposure, and to create a positive impact to the way we do business at the Co-op.
In this role, you’ll work as part of our people function, supporting various areas of our retail business, including the RBT (retail business transformation) project – the largest and most high-profile change project that Co-op has seen. You’ll provide senior leaders with advice that will help them to ensure that we have a robust people plan in place that’ll allow us to meet our ambitious business goals. This role is ideal for creative, high energy and motivated HR/people professionals who are looking to work with a collaborative approach across our business. Having a resonance with our vales as a Cooperative is essential, along with a desire to help to pioneer the future success of Co-op.
What you’ll do
• partner with key customers across Co-op’s retail business, developing and delivering well thought through people plans
• act as an internal consultant, and support senior leadership teams with key elements of the people strategy, including; building talent pipelines, creating high performing teams, colleague engagement, developing culture, and creating ways of working which are fit for the future needs of the business
• support and coach senior leaders around the adoption of change (both transformational and continual improvement) offering a high support and high challenge partnership
• interface with key strategic people projects developed through the centres of excellence as necessary
This role would suit people who have
• come from a people background, with experience of supporting growth and managing change programmes & people agendas
• a commercial mind-set, and a background in a commercial, fast-paced organisation like ours
• the ability to collaborate with a wide range of partners and create new ways of working
• experience of partnering with colleagues at different levels of the business, including executive
• the ability to influence thinking, with a strong moral compass and the confidence needed to challenge when necessary
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.