£19,865-£23,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
8 months fixed term contract
Manchester city centre
Our payroll team has a big job on their hands. They process the salaries of over 70,000 Co-op employees and pensioners on a 4 weekly cycle, and their goal is to make sure that each and every colleague is paid the right amount at the right time. Now we’re looking for an experienced payroll administrator to join us and help make the service we provide quicker, easier and more effective for customers across the business.
As a payroll administrator at the Co-op, we’ll look to you to make sure our payroll processes are delivered in line with some challenging deadlines. You’ll be based in a fast paced, high volume environment, working with a seriously complex payroll that covers the entire Co-op family of businesses.
What you’ll do
• use the Oracle Fusion system to process payroll data to tight deadlines and challenging SLAs
• process starters, leavers, absences and ad-hoc payments
• perform manual calculations and analysis to make sure payroll is completed in line with high Co-op standards
• check key payroll control reports to make sure they’re accurate and compliant to government legislation
This role would suit people who have
• payroll experience
• great customer service skills
• experience of working towards challenging targets/deadlines/SLAs
• a good understanding of how massively important payroll is to our people
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.