Online Area Manager
£competitive plus benefits, including company car
Field-based across the UK
We’re looking for an online area manager to join us, and support in the introduction of our new online delivery strategy, as we trial it across more than 200 of our Co-op Food stores across the UK. This is an exciting and fast-paced role, and if you’ve got the fantastic people skills and retail experience that we’re after, then we can offer you the chance to build your profile and gain incredible exposure with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll be supporting the Head of online operations to implement our online delivery strategy across our Food stores. You’ll be working closely with around 40 stores, making sure that colleagues are issued with the knowledge, materials, and support that they’ll need to embed this new strategy and make it a success. You’ll act as a direct point of contact if colleagues have any issues, and will need to think on your feet to solve problems and make sure that things are running smoothly.
What you’ll do
• work collaboratively with a diverse range of teams and colleagues across Co-op’s Retail business ensuring that the online delivery strategy is landed successfully in our stores
• make sure that store colleagues are engaged and provide them with the tools and knowledge they’ll need to confidently embed the new online delivery strategy
• be a point of contact for colleagues from around 40 of our Co-op Food stores that fall under your remit
• have an understanding of sales numbers, waste, leakage, and profit and loss (P&L) making sure that this information is fed back to the Head of Online Operations
• take accountability for a large budget
This role would suit people who have
• extensive experience in an operational role within food retail
• experience of working in a multi-channel environment would be beneficial
• previous project management experience would be advantageous but isn’t essential
• strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage with and influence people at all levels
• the ability to prioritise conflicting demands, and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.