Medical Negligence Solicitor
£30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits (F14)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a medical negligence solicitor to join our growing Manchester based team. At Co-op Legal Services we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a Co-op business we have a rich heritage of supporting local communities. Self-development is one of our core values, and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where colleagues from diverse backgrounds will thrive. Careers at Co-op Legal offer you the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a business that puts people first.
As a medical negligence solicitor, you’ll join our specialist medical negligence team. In addition to working alongside the senior solicitor on a wide variety of pre-litigated & litigated medical negligence claims, we’ll look to you to manage a varied and complex case load.
What you’ll do
• provide advice to clients in relation to medical negligence via phone, email and letter, and face to face meetings
• Handle a caseload of varied medical negligence cases
• prepare medical negligence content for the Co-op Legal Services website
• partake in marketing activities alongside senior solicitors
• build positive relationships with internal and external parties
• assist the senior solicitor with more complex claims when required
• manage your workload effectively making sure that deadlines are met and case progression is clear
This role would suit people who have
• post-qualification experience as a solicitor
• experience in medical negligence
• the ability to build positive relationships with a range of teams and partners
• the ability to use a case management system, and good general IT skills
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• high attention to detail
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.