L&D Content Designer
£32,000 - £33,600 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for an L&D (learning and development) content designer, to join our L&D internal design studio, and create innovative digital learning solutions for colleagues all across the business. If you can bring us the technical design skills and creative flair that we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build training courses that will make a real positive difference to the way we do business.
In this role, you’ll take ownership of the development of digital learning solutions that’ll equip our colleagues with vital knowledge on a range of topics, such as Co-op induction, health and safety, and risk management. You’ll work collaboratively with your teammates, sharing ideas and providing constructive feedback to promote an environment of continuous improvement. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to showcase your design abilities whilst building your profile in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• take briefs from the L&D Studio Manager to gain an in-depth understanding of the courses you need to create
• collaborate with the wider design team to share ideas, knowledge and feedback
• design informative and innovative content for the delivery of digital learning.
• have a continuous focus on user experience, putting yourself in the shoes of the end user
• use software such as Captivate, Articulate and Adobe to complete your designs
• analyse user feedback to assess the success of learning courses
This role would suit people who have
• instructional design experience, and the ability to put the end user at the forefront of your work
• previous UX experience
• previous experience of using agile methodologies
• the ability to work collaboratively and share ideas
• natural creativity and a passion for innovative design
• previously worked in digital media; this would be beneficial
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.